Urgent Vet Care by Appointment
We hope you never have to seek emergency care for your pet, but if you do, we’re available during our regular opening hours to help in any way we can.
Call our office at (703) 361-5223 to check appointment availability. We cannot accept walk-ins. Our dedicated team can help direct you to the facility best suited for your pet’s condition. Depending on your pet’s condition you may be directed to take your pet to a local emergency facility. Please see the local emergency hospitals in our area below.
After-Hours Emergency Vet
For an emergency that occurs after hours, contact one of the following facilities:
What Does a Pet Emergency Look Like?
Think your pet might need urgent medical attention, but you’re not entirely sure? Please call us if you have questions, and be ready to act if your pet’s situation involves:
- Difficulty breathing
- Heavy bleeding
- Blunt force injury from a fall or collision (this can include internal injuries, so a vet exam is essential)
- Vomiting/diarrhea for 24 hours
- Inability to pass stool or urinate/straining to go
- Attempts to vomit without bringing anything up
- Inability to walk or stand
- A hard, bloated abdomen
- Ongoing lethargy
- No eating or drinking for 24 hours
- Loss of consciousness
- Heavy bleeding
- Bite wounds
- A wild animal encounter
- Ingesting or possibly ingesting a toxin
- Being in labor for an hour or more without delivering
- Acting confused and disoriented
- Sitting with their head pressed against a wall
I’ve been with this Hospital since 1997 wouldn’t change if I had too. My babies have always been treated like royalty at Prince William Animal Hospital!